release date: 20-11-2020
Warning: Last items in stock!
• 180 GRAM AUDIOPHILE VINYL
• PVC PROTECTIVE SLEEVE
• SLEEVE WITH SPECIAL SPOT VARNISH ON THE FRONT COVER
• MULTIPLE ACADEMY & SATURN AWARD WINNING 1992 FILM
• ASCAP AWARD WINNING SCORE BY WOJCIECH KILAR (THE PIANIST, THE TRUMAN SHOW)
• FEATURING “LOVE SONG FOR A VAMPIRE” BY ANNIE LENNOX
• LIMITED EDITION OF 2500 INDIVIDUALLY NUMBERED COPIES ON TRANSLUCENT RED VINYL
The genesis of the film lay with actress Winona Ryder, who wished to make amends with director Francis Ford Coppola after her late withdrawal from The Godfather Part III. She brought him a script written by James V. Hart, which provided an adaptation of the famous 1897 novel Dracula by Irish author Bram Stoker. Coppola decided that he wanted a composer with classical eastern European sensibilities. After listening to a few pieces from fellow Pole Wojciech Kilar, Coppola was convinced that he had found his man. He called him and offered the assignment, which Kilar gladly accepted as he was very impressed with Coppola’s cinematic success. For his soundscape, Kilar chose to utilize traditional leitmotifs. Besides it features “Love Song For A Vampire” by Annie Lennox (Eurythmics). Available as a limited edition of 2000 individually numbered copies on translucent red vinyl.
TRACKS A: 1. Dracula - The Beginning 2. Vampire Hunters 3. Mina’s Photo 4. Lucy’s Party 5. The Brides 6. The Storm
TRACKS B: 1. Love Remembered 2. The Hunt Builds 3. The Hunters Prelude 4. The Green Mist 5. Mina/Dracula 6. The Ring Of Fire 7. Love Eternal 8. Ascension 9. End Credits 10. Love Song For A Vampire (Performed By Annie Lennox)